I just made a layout that turned out really cute and thought i'd post a tutorial.
1. First of all, i saw this sketch at Lucy Chesna's sketch site, and had a picture in my mind of exactly where i wanted to go with it.
So first, i sought out a link posted by my BFF Teresa, and managed to actually FIND it. Its directions for making your own bracket paper
2. Ok, so next, i took some light brown cardstock, folded and cut out the bracket shape. I estimated too big adn was left with a cool bracket outline shape i'll use on a different layout.
3. Then i cut a few pics up and overlapped all over the bracket shape.
4. i cut around the edges along the wrong side and then figured i'd mat it on dark brown cardstock to make it stand out a bit. Then i added pop dots between the mat and the picture covered bracket shape.
5. I chose a pretty vintagey Prima paper for the background. I spritzed with red glimmer mist, to accent my friend Heather's shirt, in the pics, and pull it all together.
6. I let it dry- mostly- and then adhered the shape along with the flowers and stickers for embellishment.
I think it turned out super cute! This would be a great way of using cruddy pictures. The ones I took at the baby shower were really dark, and just plain boring!
here's the finished result