The first is the classic Holly cookie... does everyone not make these??
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 4 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the marshmallows, butter, vanilla, and food coloring. Mix in the cornflakes cereal.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper, and decorate with red hots. Set aside, and allow to cool.
The next i don't have a picture of, but i'm guessing you can visualize it, as i think everyone also makes these!!
Chow mein cookies
- 3 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup peanuts
- In a medium saucepan, melt butterscotch chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto foil. Let stand until cool.
Another easy and DELICIOUS cookie is the WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIE
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine butter, flour, and confectioners' sugar. With an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Place a piece of maraschino cherry onto the middle of each cookie, alternating between red and green.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies on to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, separating each layer with waxed paper.
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter together. Remove from stove and stir in cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Chill to harden.